Opening a BDO Savings Account (ATM and Passbook)
Banco de Oro or BDO Unibank Inc. is one of the largest and trusted banks in the Philippines with several branches nationwide. It's very accessible knowing that almost every mall has BDO and thru the years BDO already received several awards and recognitions that builds their credibility. If you want your money to put in a safe and secure place, its a good idea to open or apply for a BDO savings account.
BDO is not actually my first bank to open an account. I find several good reasons to open a savings account with them like extended banking hours, open even Saturdays, numerous ATM machines and branches and most specially they have online banking for easy access to your account anytime. The bad side is the long lines when making transactions and poor customer service unlike the other big banks.
It's very easy to open a BDO savings account. On my experienced I just finished it almost two hours though I need to comeback after a week to get my ATM card.
Here are the Requirements :
a. Two (2) valid (with your name, picture and signature, it should be clear.)
- School or company ID
- Driver's License ID
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Barangay or NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Postal or Voter's ID
- Unified ID (SSS, GSIS or Philhealth)
- any other valid IDs issued by the Government.
b. Initial Deposit
- 2,000 pesos for ATM without passbook
- 5,000 pesos for passbook with ATM
* In my case the staff just took a photo of me on their camera.
Step by step Procedure:
1. Go to your preferred BDO branch and proceed to the New Accounts inside the bank. Make sure that you bring your two (2) valid IDs ( original and photocopies) and your initial deposit.
2.Fill out the application forms. All the information you will provide must be ACCURATE.
3. Provide the required initial deposit for your chosen account. Keep the deposit slip for claiming your ATM or passbook.
4. Come back to the bank after 5-7 working days to claim your ATM/Passbook kit. Ialready get the passbook after I submitted all the requirements and the ATM card after 5 working days.
5. Activate Phone and Online Banking. For easier access to your account it's a must to enroll your account for both phone and online banking.
Check my article here on how to enroll in BDO Online Banking.