Effective Ways to Save Money As a Student
One of the primary problems every student encounters is having insufficient money that results to typical scenario of begging money from their beloved parents. If you find yourself in the same situation then you should read this post and try all the effective ways on how to save money as a student. This can be apply to primary, high school and specially for the college students.
Effective Ways On How to Save Money As a Student
1. Bring Your Own Food - If you have the time to cook or your parents then why not just bring your own food rather than buying at school canteen which is more expensive. I observed that foods from canteens are a bit expensive compared to other stores specially in the grade school or high school whereas some school prohibit their students of going out.
2. Water Instead of Soft-drinks and Juice Drinks - If you're a juice drink or soft-drink lover then try to discipline yourself and buy drinking water instead. Aside from water is cheaper it is also healthier compared to soft-drinks and juice drinks.
3. Cut Out Vices - One way to effectively save money as a student is to cut out vices. If you like going to malls or pubs during weekends better cut it out and save your money. There are a lot now of vices every students are into like online games wherein some are even paid for subscriptions just to upgrade and play their favorite games.
4. Don't Be Impulsive - One situation that best demonstrate of being impulsive is when purchasing or buying things that you don't really need. Focus on the things that matters most, just visit the malls or shopping center when you really need to purchase an item.
5. Buy Second Hand Books - This one is familiar to everyone. In the millennial age everything is almost so buying second hand books is now way easier. There are now available sites where you can check to find the books you needed like eBay, Craigslist and even social media specially in Instagram.
6. Buy in Bulk - For most of the college students who are living in a flat or apartment it will save you money if you purchase in bulk. For example, buy toiletry in large volume like the toilet papers it will save you money if you buy in dozen or two than per roll. You can also apply it when buying school supplies.
7. Don't Get A Pet - If you're in college it is a wise decision to not get a pet until after college. Having a pet is a stress reliever but think of the expenses associated with it like the foods, grooming and sometimes medical expenses when they're sick. Having a pet is like having your own baby wherein you need to provide their needs.
8. Live Below Your Means - One of the golden rule to save money is living below your means meaning don't force yourself to buy something you can't afford. This is highly observe in college or universities where some want to have the latest version of gadgets like laptops and cellphones which is not necessary to upgrade every now and then if yours are still working well and doing its job.